Sunday, December 7, 2008

DIY Flowers

Real Simple is my savior. I should really think about getting a subscription of it next year (after we're done saving for the wedding and honeymoon) because there are always tons of great tips -- from cooking to cleaning to gift ideas -- I love the unique ideas they have and how simple it all seems.

My current favorite Real Simple project? Turning ordinary supermarket flowers into a bridal boquet! Now, I knew from the start that I was going to do my own flowers because they are so expensive to get them from a florist. Upwards of $200 for just the bridal bouquet and I'd much rather reallocate that money and put it toward our photographer. Wedding budgets are really all about prioritizing -- photography was our top priority and flowers were close to our last priority, but that's just worked for us.

Anwyay, I was a bit terrified about DIYing my own flowers because I have no experience with floral arranging. Real Simple, though, makes it seem so easy and other bloggers have inspired me that one can do her own flowers!

Turn this:



















From Real Simple

Into this:



















From Real Simple

There's also a great video tutorial on about.com on how to do your own wedding flowers. When it gets closer to our wedding date, I'll do a test run and post pictures!

No comments: