Friday, February 6, 2009

Valentines...or Wedding Favors

I've never had truffles before, but they always look so pretty! See, I don't like chocolate (never have) so buying a very expensive piece of chocolate just because it looks good doesn't make much sense. Fiance, on the other hand, loves chocolate! So I make him goodies like Red Velvet Cookies, Brownies, and best chocolate cake ever.

I'm thinking of making him truffles for Valentines Day and, if they are successful, making them for our wedding guests as favors!

Guest blogger, Garrett McCord over on Simply Recipes posted a delicious looking recipe today!
It doesn't seem too complicated, either! There are a bunch of different ways to flaovr the truffles: he suggested mint, amaretto, cinamon and almond, but I would imagine there are a number of flavorings that would be delicious. If my first go round is successful, perhaps I will try out some others (kahlua, coffee, rum, etc...)







Just before Christmas, Miss Spring Roll over on weddingbee posted her recipe which seems even easier than the one from Simply Recipes! I think I'll give them both a go this weekend and hope the taste test goes well!





We are trying so hard to make our wedding intimate and special which is why I'd really like to make our favors. However, we're also on a tight budget so whatever favors we end up doing can't cost too much per person. Edible favors seems to be the way to go!

No comments: