Monday, January 12, 2009

Pocketfold Cost Breakdown

This weekend, my friends and I made pocketfold invitations. I thought I got it done in under $30, but it turns out that it was closer to $40, mainly because of the stupid paper scorer that I bought (otherwise it would've been just over $30). Not bad, though, considering if I'd purchased them online, it would've been upwards of $80.



Anyway, here's the cost breakdown:

3 packages the "value pack" cardstock. Each pack had 50 sheets of paper, but I only liked three of the colors (about 30 sheets) so we needed 3 packages to get the 75 sheets needed. $9.50 (One was 50% off when I bought it and the other two were 25% off). I do plan on using the remaining sheets (i.e. the colors we didn't use) for the cards that are going inside the pocketfolds, like our RSVP cards and directions, so they're not going to waste!

Corner rounder by Fiskars $7.20 (used a 40% off coupon)

Stamp $5.40 (again, used a 40% off coupon)

Stamp pad $5.40 (used a 40% off coupon)

Paper scorer that didn't really work $8.40 (used a 40% off coupon)

Two boxes of zips $5.00 (used 50% off coupons on them)

Total cost: $40.90
Not bad, yes? The cost should've been $8 less...or at least $5 less if I'd found the bone folder I'd originally been looking for. I also have half a roll of zips left and a corner rounder that I'm planning on using for other projects. (See how I like to justify costs to myself?)

No comments: