Monday, January 19, 2009

Vintage Inspiration

I know, I know, I've been keeping you all in suspense over which dress I picked. I promise, Part 4 is coming. But for today, I thought I'd share some of the beautiful vintage inspiration boards I've been hoarding in my favorites. If you'll remember, Fiance and I finally decided on a wedding theme almost by accident! Since then, I've been scouring various wedding sites for inspiration!

Here's a collection of my favorite inspiraton boards...and hopefully I'll have my own put together soon!

From snippet and ink, inspired by the pretty little veil in the top right hand corner. Now, who doesn't love the iconic black and white phot in the bottom right hand corner of this board? Must. Have. Wedding Picture. Like. That. I also love the locket, the idea of having a pretty piece of jewelry with something hidden inside. They remind me of the prayer bracelets I used to have as a kid. FMIL has offered to make jewelry for myself and my bridesmaid and floated the idea of lockets. Will have to ruminate more on that...


I loved the wedding dress featured onVintage Glam, by Ashley W. who was applying for a guest blogging spot. So romantic, isn't it? The whole board is a bit rustic for my tastes, but I love it anyway. Sweet, romantic, simple.

Another vintage glam board, this one by Christine. I love love love this board. The key in the bottom right hand corner...I have a thing for old keys. Definitely don't have any way to incorporate it into our wedding, but I love the picture. One of my favorite pics on this board is the second picture in on the bottom. We were already planning on hanging pictures, but I love the old frames and black and white/sepia prints featured here.




This lovely board is from The Bride's Guide. Once again, I was drawn to the old timey pictures. The colors are fantastic, too...I love the beige, champagne and ivory colors. Really gives it the old/vintage feel. And even though I'm not a fan of hats, I love the half-veils that just reach the lips. Mmmm...I definitely want a little birdcage veil for myself. Also, Fiance loves it when girls wear gloves. I told him I'd compromise and wear a pair for our first dance at the reception. I truly love how cohesive this inspiration board is.


And one final board, again from vintage glam, this one by Vanna. I love everything about this board! The music sheet, the hairstyle, the car, candlelight... I also loved the description of this board: "Vanna and her fiance are going for a 1940’s wedding with a vintage Americana twist (think a wedding being held for a WWII soldier and his USO sweetie). They didn’t have a traditional engagement story, and their wedding will follow this trend by throwing a fun fete for their 150 guests." 1930s/1940s are my favorite vintage years.
Interestingly, none of my favorites (i.e. the ones featured above from Vintage Glam) made it onto Vintage Glam's guest blogger list. So sad for me as I was really hoping to see how their weddings turned out as compared with their inspiration boards. But all ten finalists were truly great and I look forward to reading more from them!

Okay, must stop drooling over inspiration boards and get to more pressing matters. Like confirming our ceremony site!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

San Francisco wedding venues are my favorite destination for the occasion of wedding. Their cost is reasonable and offers amazing facilities. Anyways, Thanks for sharing this post!