Friday, January 9, 2009

Where Can I Find a Bone Folder?

I went into Michael's today looking for a bone folder or something to score paper with. My paper cutter, a gullotine style cutter, doesn't come equipped with a scoring blade. I look in all the spots I think they might have it: the cardmaking section, near the rubber stamps, in the cardstock and scrapbooking aisles, and the hole-punch/paper trimmer aisle. No luck.



Knowing that I needed a paper scorer for my upcoming craft party, I asked a sales associate. She goes and asks one of her colleagues who has no clue what I'm talking about. She then takes me to another sales associate and I ask, "Do you have something to score paper with? To make it crease better? Sometimes it's called a bone folder?" The sales associate looks at me like I'm crazy, but the customer she'd been talking to is nodding her head. "Come on," the customer tells me, "I'll show you where they are." Turns out this sweet lady is a regular customer. So we go hunting through all the same aisles I'd been through to no avail. She finally suggests buying a cheap paper trimmer since I had a 40% off coupon with me together with a scoring blade. I was a little disappointed that Michael's didn't have just a simple bone folder and I didn't need another paper cutter, but I needed the scorer so I took her advice.

I went home and tested out the scoring blade in my newly purchased paper trimmer. The cutting blade seems to work perfectly fine, slicing through cardstock with ease. I then pull the scoring blade across the cardstock. Nothing happens. I pull the blade back across the other way. Nothing. Awesome. I now have a second paper trimmer which I purchased to use exclusively as a paper scorer and the scoring blade doesn't even work! Turns out, I can drag the blade of scissors through where the scoring blade slides and it scores cardstock fairly well, but I'm still annoyed.

All I really want is a bone folder! Why is it so hard to find?

No comments: